One of NJAPHNA missions is to increase the awareness of the role of the Public Health Nurse as coordinator of Public Health Programs, facilitator of preventive health efforts, and coordinator of community action and response in the delivery of health services.
NJAPHNA Co-President, Debee Gash sharing NJAPHNA’s advocacy efforts with the attendees at the “How Do We Advocate To Improve Health” interactive learning session hosted by the Public Health Associations’ Collaborative Effort (PHACE) on May 19, 2016 at the Mercer County Conference Center. Seated from Left to Right at the table: President-Elect of NJSOPHE, Candice Davenport; Chair of the Advocacy and Legislative Committee of NJPHA, Elizabeth Brewer; President of NJLBHA, Laura O’Reilly; President of NJEHA, Bob Uhrik; President of NJACCHO, Trevor Weigle; who all briefly explained their organization’s advocacy efforts.
- New Jersey Health Officers Communicable Disease Committee
- New Jersey Local Boards of Health Association
- Public Health Associations’ Collaborative Effort (PHACE)
- Support for The National Nurse Act 2015, H.R.379 Support Letter National Nurse Act from NJAPHNA
- Support for S1147-Exemption Bill
- Support for Merger Application NJ Public Health Training Center
- Advocate Public Health Nursing Profession: Letter to NACCHO